More than 27,000 international students arrive in Ukraine each year to attend higher education programs in Europe’s largest country. Overall, there are around 66,310 international students from 147 countries attending higher education programs at 239 universities, institutes and academies in Ukrainian cities such as Kharkiv, Dnipro and Kyiv. AbroadEd provides assessments and offers assistance in applying for various higher education programs in Ukraine along with the required student visa to Ukraine. In general, international students who want to attend a study abroad program in Ukraine must be accepted to an authorized Ukrainian educational program and then be issued a student visa to Ukraine. Foreign students must also meet other criteria to attend a Ukrainian study abroad program. Below, is an overview of some key requirements for international students to live and study in Ukraine.
Ukrainian Student Visa Requirements
In order to study abroad in Ukraine, you need to apply to and be accepted for enrollment at an authorized educational program for international students in Ukraine. After you receive your Invitation Letter (Letter of Acceptance) to attend the Ukrainian educational program, the next major step is to apply for and be granted a student visa to Ukraine.
The experienced professionals at AbroadEd can evaluate your best options to study abroad in Ukraine, help you apply for the international education programs that you selected, and then guide you through the application procedure to receive a Ukrainian student visa.
This process starts with a personalized educational evaluation of your best options to study abroad in Ukraine, based on a careful review of your relevant details, your educational preferences, the criteria for various Ukrainian higher education institutions, and the current regulations for receiving a student visa to Ukraine.
After learning which Ukrainian study abroad program(s) you are eligible to apply for, the next step will involve you choosing which specific educational program(s) to apply for and also gathering the documents that will be required during the application process for the educational program(s) and the student visa to Ukraine.
Apply to Study Abroad in Ukraine
Next, the AbroadEd team of professionals will assist you in applying for the Ukrainian study abroad program(s) that you selected. This generally requires the following:
● complete the online application(s) for admission to the Ukrainian study abroad program(s);
● provide a scanned copy of your secondary school diploma (and/or Bachelor’s Degree if applying for a postgraduate program) and the relevant transcripts showing the courses completed and the marks or grades received;
● make and confirm the payment(s) for the application fee(s) to the Ukrainian study abroad program(s);
● provide a copy of your valid passport (the Ukrainian higher education institution will need to send a copy to the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in order to register your Invitation Letter with them);
● receive the Invitation Letter (Letter of Acceptance) from the Ukrainian higher education institution (e.g., university. academy or institute in Ukraine).
Ukrainian Student Visa Application
Once you receive the Invitation Letter (Letter of Acceptance) from the higher education institution in Ukraine, the next major step is to apply for the Ukrainian student visa. The procedure to apply for a student visa to Ukraine usually includes the following:
● correctly complete and submit the Ukrainian student visa application to the relevant government agency;
● make and confirm the Ukrainian student visa application fee;
● provide a copy of the Letter of Acceptance from the Ukrainian higher education institution;
● provide copies of other required documents (e.g., birth certificate, General Medical Certificate, etc.)
● receive a Ukrainian student visa stamped inside of your valid passport.
NOTE: Some of the documents will be required when you apply for the Ukrainian student visa, while other documents will need to be presented when you arrive in Ukraine (for example, proof of medical insurance).
The last step of the process involves preparing to travel to Ukraine and begin your exciting study abroad adventure in this incredible European country!
This is, of course, a brief overview of some of the major requirements to study abroad in Ukraine. Our experienced team of professionals can evaluate your options, guide you through the process, and answer any questions that you may have about your particular situation.
To find out if you are likely to meet the requirements to study abroad in Ukraine, click here!
Over 17 years of experience providing legal services in the global immigration market Start here!
AbroadEd Online Application Services is a private entity and is not a governmental agency. AbroadEd.com website is owned by the EU company, Post Haste S.LGo to top